New to android central with a Pixel 7 problem

luckyflyer

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
Last week my pixel 7 stopped sending and receiving texts.. I had several days before it stopped receiving texts upgraded to android 14 but texts were working ok after the up grade.
I can't remember where I found it but I stumbled onto a web site on my desktop pc that gave this code that would allow access to many more settings on my phone. It was probably 10 to 14 characters and had numbers and many # in it. I went into that and there were many setting's that I had no clue what they did and was carful not to change anything. But it was sometime after that that I noticed that I wasn't getting texts and when I try to send a text I get a message "trouble sending. Check options" . When I open that there are 2 options resend and delete. I resend and get the same message again. So I'm beginning to wonder if I did accidently change something while I was in there. I didn't copy the code and can't go back there now.
I've called and talked with a google tech about not receiving texts (I did not tell him about the advanced menu that I had accessed) and he walked me through checking and resetting several things including deleting and reinstalling the text app. None of this worked and he said he thought that something was going on with my carrier Verizon and that there was nothing else he could do for me. I've checked and Verizon is not having issues with texting in my area.
I'm now to the point that maybe I should wipe the phone and start over but thought I would reach out to the experts here on android central first. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.