No Recovery Mode, need to factory reset, wipe data, etc.

msng110

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Alright, let's keep this simple..

-Device - Galaxy S3 Mini (I8190L)
-No Recovery Mode
-Download Mode, Yes.
-Can connect to PC
-Adb not working?
-Can boot the phone and functions properly with little lag (most likely because i didn't factory reset it)
-previously, accidentally selected Nand Erase All, cut the process, and yeaah..

GOAL - Is there ANY way I can factory reset and wipe the data of the phone through Odin in Download Mode? It seems to be the only way I can factory reset it. Recovery mode doesn't work, factory resetting it the normal way (through the phone's settings) is not working, and yeah.

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Alright, let's keep this simple..

-Device - Galaxy S3 Mini (I8190L)
-No Recovery Mode
-Download Mode, Yes.
-Can connect to PC
-Adb not working?
-Can boot the phone and functions properly with little lag (most likely because i didn't factory reset it)
-previously, accidentally selected Nand Erase All, cut the process, and yeaah..

GOAL - Is there ANY way I can factory reset and wipe the data of the phone through Odin in Download Mode? It seems to be the only way I can factory reset it. Recovery mode doesn't work, factory resetting it the normal way (through the phone's settings) is not working, and yeah.

Get generic or your current ROM and flash it with Odin 3.0.7. It will do the hard reset when flashing. Have a look at the attachment what is ticked when flashing.
Never delete NAND or tick PIT partition.

Attachments

• s4 mini flash.PNG
    s4 mini flash.PNG
    92.3 KB · Views: 20

msng110

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
To add on, when I boot, I get a fuzzy screen. Is there any way I can get rid of that?

EDIT - Didn't reset..

EDIT 2 - I'm trying to get Cyanogenmod 11 for my phone...

@aspot72

Last edited:

The Zuper Mazter

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my tablet samsung 10.1 n8000. I tried 5 different firmwares and even when they are installed the tablet get stuck in logo. No idea what else to do.

abushahana

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
exactly 100% correct instruction given that the odin version 3.07 is to use install recovery and format the phone from recovery mode.

My phone was there is no recovery mode and I could not install recovery mode using odin latest version. from this forum I read that to use odin 3.07 version and I try to install CWM recovery and it was success. then I format the phone from recovery mode. My actual problem was screen locked and I am not able to access my phone.(GT-I8190)

Thank you very much

abushahana

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Get generic or your current ROM and flash it with Odin 3.0.7. It will do the hard reset when flashing. Have a look at the attachment what is ticked when flashing.
Never delete NAND or tick PIT partition.

Excellent

I did installed recovery and format phone, due to screen locked and no access

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa