How to move a music album to books

ittirmy4

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone to Android and I uploaded all my iTunes files to Google play. However, there were several books that got transferred and now when I try to shuffle my music all I get is mostly book tracks . I don't want to just delete them, cause they took a while to upload. Is there a way to get them out of my music and into my books?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they're not DRM-locked, any file manager - ES File Explorer, Total Commander or, if you don't want to have to connect the phone to the computer with the cable, WI File Explorer.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of tricky. I don't think Google Play Music app have the ability to filter songs from shuffle base on ID3 tag. So you'll have to not use shuffle.

This isn't a perfect solution, but you can delete them from Google Music library, then when you want to listen to them copy them into a folder in your phone. Then using a file manager app like ES File Explorer on the phone, create a file called ".nomedia" in that folder, this will tell the phone to ignore recognizing media files in that folder. Then you can use a folder music player like Beam Player Pro or Clean Music Player to listen to those specific audiobooks, since these two apps do not recognize ID3 tags.

Also if the files have DRM locks, then I don't think you can listen to them anyway.