S-Pen Gestures & Texting, Etc.

AugustMuse

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Please forgive me if this has been answered, but I was unable to find a specific answer to my problem.

I received the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for Xmas; it worked flawlessly & I am in love with it, but ended up with a dead pixel in the front facing camera sensor. Yesterday, I returned it to the ATT store & they replaced it not with a new phone, but with a body. (They took my S-Pen from the old phone and put it with this new one because their "bodies" don't come with those); same for the battery. Excellent; no big deal.

When I got home & went to reply to a text message using my S-Pen (which was the PRIME selling feature for me, as a 6-year iPhone user previously), I noticed that the line-through gesture that erased a misspelled word on my FIRST Note 3 is NOT working on this one (i.e, draw a line from right to left through the misspelled word & the word erases). I've been through all of the settings & can't find a single thing that looks like it would enable/disable that specific gesture. I'm hoping this is simply a hidden setting somewhere that I can access/change. All of the web searching I've done simply covers how to use the S-Pen & all of the S-features that go with it.

All of my apps are up to date, as is the phone software itself. Thanks in advance for your help with this incredibly frustrating issue I'm having. :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried disabling the "Flow" feature of the keyboard? This disables gestures as it, instead, registers fluid motion as continuous input rather than gestures.

AugustMuse

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Where would I locate that specific setting? I went to Settings/Controls/Language & Input/Samsung Keyboard/Settings, and unchecked "Switftkey Flow" (it's the only "Flow" I can find), and that did not work.

Thank you for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez