I wished I knew this before I ordered my MagSafe case. S-Pen Interference.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just when the case is on. The pen goes weird bottom half of the screen - eg if using the S Pen to try and write. It's subtle and more like a lag but annoying. I noticed it as use the S Pen to play a colouring game and can't really do it now with the case on, have to take it off. I havent even tried it with a magsafe accessory like car mount/charger yet as I'm not sure if it will be a waste of money to buy one.
Weird, maybe the ESR magnets are just stronger? I have the mous case and the pen works fine unless an accessory is attached

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the ESR case:

ESR for Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Case, Compatible with MagSafe, Magnetic Case for Samsung S24 Ultra, 3 Stand Modes, Military-Grade Drop Protection, Boost Kickstand Case (HaloLock), Clear​

And unfortunately it most definitely does interfere with the S Pen - no warning messages and only on the lower part of the screen, but it's really annoying.

Can you get some kind of shield the put between the case an the phone?

Any confirmed magsafe cases with kickstand that don't interfere?
So, this is the case? I have it on my S24U.

I'll play with the S-pen more later to test. Side note, this is the first device I've owned with built-in S-pen. My Z Fold 3 was compatible with a stylus and I had an official Samsung stylus that they made for the Fold but it was a stand alone device.

I notice that sometimes the S-pen doesn't register if I'm pressing lightly on the display but if I'm applying a little more pressure, I don't see it skipping. I don't know if that's how it operates? I could see that being a realistic feature, but again I have no prior reference. Before the Z Fold 3 I owned the S20U which was the last generation for the separate product line of the Note and Ultra before they combined.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000