Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IP Webcam

I am just wondering if someone can walk me through the proccess of seting up my old android phone that I do not carry with me to use as a webcam that I can view from away from home. I would like to use it like a nanny cam to keep and eye on a new dog that I just adopted while I am at work to see if she is doing anything that is destructive or that might bother the neighbors.

I know how to set up the app on the phone, but I dont know how to set up the static ip address and portforwarding needed to stream the video feed to the internet so that I can view it when I am not at home.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Global Posts
    9,312 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: IP Webcam

It's not all that difficult, but I think PortForward's Forum • Index page would be a more appropriate forum in which to ask. Once you get all the numbers hashed out (port, internal IP, external IP), it shouldn't take 5 minutes if you're really slow. And they have pictures of what you'll see when you connect to the router, so they can explain it a lot easier than we can here.