- 1 Posts
I am just wondering if someone can walk me through the proccess of seting up my old android phone that I do not carry with me to use as a webcam that I can view from away from home. I would like to use it like a nanny cam to keep and eye on a new dog that I just adopted while I am at work to see if she is doing anything that is destructive or that might bother the neighbors.
I know how to set up the app on the phone, but I dont know how to set up the static ip address and portforwarding needed to stream the video feed to the internet so that I can view it when I am not at home.
Any help would be appreciated.
- 02-11-2014, 03:47 PM #2
Re: IP Webcam
It's not all that difficult, but I think PortForward's Forum • Index page would be a more appropriate forum in which to ask. Once you get all the numbers hashed out (port, internal IP, external IP), it shouldn't take 5 minutes if you're really slow. And they have pictures of what you'll see when you connect to the router, so they can explain it a lot easier than we can here.
- By Dick Goesinya in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 10Last Post: 09-29-2016, 10:08 PM
- By jj2man in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2014, 02:12 PM
- By Kurt R in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 6Last Post: 01-25-2014, 07:21 AM
- By FairyMary1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 12-17-2013, 03:57 AM
- By Kayle Murphy in forum Sprint PhotonReplies: 3Last Post: 11-29-2013, 12:29 PM