Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help needed - Samsung GS3 texting issue

Hello,

Ever since Verizon decided to patch / upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S3, my texting has been having an issue. When I send a text while the screen is in a landscape orientation, it automatically scrolls me to the top of the message list, forcing me to either back out, or scroll all the way back down. This does not happen when I send a text in portrait view.

This worked fine before Verizon decided to push an update to it. I have found others with the same issue dating from 5 yrs ago to present, but no resolutions online. I was hoping to find one here.

Thank you.

Global Posts
    9,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Help needed - Samsung GS3 texting issue

Quote Originally Posted by Askeptic View Post
    Hello,

Ever since Verizon decided to patch / upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S3, my texting has been having an issue. When I send a text while the screen is in a landscape orientation, it automatically scrolls me to the top of the message list, forcing me to either back out, or scroll all the way back down. This does not happen when I send a text in portrait view.

This worked fine before Verizon decided to push an update to it. I have found others with the same issue dating from 5 yrs ago to present, but no resolutions online. I was hoping to find one here.

Thank you.
    First, welcome to the forums!

Does this happen with any other instant messaging apps? If it doesn't, then it does sound like a bug in the stock messaging app that needs to be patched by Samsung. If you haven't already try sending a bug report and hope they fix it. Otherwise, try another messaging app from the Play Store and see if that works in the interim.

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

Default Re: Help needed - Samsung GS3 texting issue

Download Textra. Great text app!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app