Please help, deleted stock download manager on rooted Xperia S

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I done such a dumb thing and deleted the stock download manager on my Sony Xperia s, my phone is rooted I have titanium backup and it shows up in there, I try to restore it but nothing, I cannot download anything at all or use Google play now, what can I do? Please help!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not proficient with Sony devices, but I would suggest reflashing a stock ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Just to help other people I have fixd it my self with no hastle, I simple reinstall d the app from my titanium back up (app only) I then went into my settings , apps, went to all apps, found the download manager and uninstall d the updates and some how that has fixed my problem, I can now download stuff and use Google play again, it actually works better than it did befor, I hope this helps others :)

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just to help other people I have fixd it my self with no hastle, I simple reinstall d the app from my titanium back up (app only) I then went into my settings , apps, went to all apps, found the download manager and uninstall d the updates and some how that has fixed my problem, I can now download stuff and use Google play again, it actually works better than it did befor, I hope this helps others :)

Thanks for popping back in and posting your fix. Let us know if you have further questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app