Why I cannot download games >1GB from Google store using WiFi

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Still two of the same manufacturer ;)

I finished my convo with google support - they said to go to device manufacturer as we covered everything in here and with them, including FDR.

If WiFi would be a problem, how would it work on Galaxy Store, or even on Google play, but with Huawei?
It doesn't matter if computer or other devices are going ok on that network all devices have their own ip address so something botch somewhere

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Both routers were reebooted at least twice yesterday. There was update to one of them which I applied - no change.
Router settings are fine ;(

Im visiting my mum tomorrow so may go silent for a day or two. Ill see if there will be option to use any other WiFi than mine.

At the same time I would like to thank everyone for participating and willing to help.

What network is your router: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 6 GHz? Have you tried a different frequency and see if it works?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Its 2,4 and 5 and I tried the both.

Ive seen multpiple similar threads on Google play help ie: https://support.google.com/googlepl...er-any-wifi-only-over-mobile-connection?hl=en

Still no actual answers that would work, or that we didnt try yet.

I've ran into that problem a couple of times.... I always have automatic updates turned off for the play store and update manually, and I noticed if I updated or downloaded one app at a time I had no issues, if I clicked on update all with a big group of apps like you have, I would have the same problem you're having. I think that's an issue with the play store settings on Google's side sometimes, the play store just doesn't want to do a group of installs or updates all at once.

I've also noticed the galaxy store is much faster downloading and installing apps than the play store on the exact same phone.

AZusuall

Jan 29, 2023
Visit site
Im back. I didnt have a chance to try any other Wifi during those 2 days. My mum sadly do not have WiFi.. anyways - I came back home, tried one more time and MAGICK. Everything is working as it should. Downloading with WiFi without any issues, no matter if the file is big or small - everything I can download while using Wifi.

Problem solved on its own I guess, because I did no change in any setting during those 2 days.
@J Dubbs
That group update was something that Play store wanted to do. It didnt work even when I stopped them and tried one by one (past tense God bless ;) )

I would like to thank everyone involved in this thread.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Im back. I didnt have a chance to try any other Wifi during those 2 days. My mum sadly do not have WiFi.. anyways - I came back home, tried one more time and MAGICK. Everything is working as it should. Downloading with WiFi without any issues, no matter if the file is big or small - everything I can download while using Wifi.

Problem solved on its own I guess, because I did no change in any setting during those 2 days.
@J Dubbs
That group update was something that Play store wanted to do. It didnt work even when I stopped them and tried one by one (past tense God bless ;) )

I would like to thank everyone involved in this thread.
I'm glad you got it sorted.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter