Problem when adding additional Gmail address on Nexus 7

Nick Piffle

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everybody !

My first post so please be kind.

I have added a second Gmail account to the app on my Nexus 7. I did so by going to Settings > Accounts and adding the new email address there. The email address now appears in the Gmail app and all is working fine.

My problem however, is that when i pull down the right hand menu on the homescreen (quick settings menu ?), the account that is shown in the top left corner is now the newly added account instead of my original, and main, account and tapping on the image only brings up the contact info for the second account.

I've looked everywhere and don't seem to be able to change it back to my regular account. I've opened Gmail, Play Store and G+ and made sure they're all set to the main account but it hasn't helped.

Can anyone advise how I get the drop down (quick settings) menu to display the correct account ?

Thanks !
Nick.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
When you go into settings, under the Accounts menu, when you select your Google account does it show both email addresses? There should be some sort of option to select the default account.

Nick Piffle

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi cpaight,

Yes, I see both accounts there but no way of setting the default. I have tried turning the sync off on the second account but still no luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884