Be Fascinated or Go X ?? Which Droid?

DroydNoob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi All - I have not yet owned a droid phone yet but my contract is up on big red. I have a boring LG env touch. I wish to remain on VZW but I can not decide which Droid to go with. I like the Droid X and the new Samsung Fascinate. Both of those phone appeal to me the most. How in the heck does one decide? As I am sure you Verizon customers know that its new every two program so whatever I get I want to be happy with for a while.

Anyhow reading a lot on the internet and this site. Samsung to me has an edge on speed and I like to pocket ability of the phone. I help the Droid X and liked it too. But darn, which friggen phone to go with as it seems a new one is released every few weeks and will never be ahead of the "new" curve. Anyhow pardon my noobness..

But one day I will be 60/40 over one phone and the other days I will say 60/40 on the opposite phone.

Sigh.. I suppose if this is the only problem in life, then all is good. :)

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
How in the heck does one decide?
As always, shop the features & specs and check them out in person. Have you prioritized your needs/wants?

You have 30 days to return so it's not a life-or-death choice (though if you repurchase immediately you're subject to a restocking fee, IIRC).

it seems a new one is released every few weeks and will never be ahead of the "new" curve.
Yup. Don't use that as shopping criteria.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it really does depend on what your priorities are. I personally had a lot of problems with Motorola Droids (1 and 2s) so I'd never recommend those but that's just based on my bad luck.

unseenme#WN

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a Moto fan, but i'm going to the DX. I love the screen resolution on the Fascinate, but the DX has the dedicated graphics processor and I watch YouTube alot and play some games on my phone. I dont like the way the launcher icons look like the iPhone icons on the Fascinate either. Plus the DX has more internal memory, higher pixel camera, and dual flash (I also take alot of pics). There's alot of debate about this, but the AMOLED screens are harder to see in sunlight (I had the Rogue and could not see the screen on a sunny day). But like others have said, its a personal preference thing based on your needs and what you like. Go spend some time in the store with both doing things on em like you would if it was your daily user, i.e. texts, pics, videos, etc. I spent an hour one day between the DX and Incredible (which is what I originally wanted) but fell in love with the DX.

DroydNoob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys.. Anyhow Just to update you, I walked in to the VZW store yesterday and actually played with the devices for a bit. I am still like both devices but I am leaning towards the facinate but I like the gear that comes with the X.

Anyhow I even picked up a Droid2 and played with that a bit - that is not too bad either.

BAHHHHHHH! Decisions, decisions.. :)
Has anyone bought one of these devices and simply hated it and took back for the other?

Droyd,
LOL I was about to make the same exact post! Here is my issue. I have a Ally Droid I love, but since I moved it's no longer getting a signal so they advised me to pick a incredible, a droid 2, or a fascinate, or a droid x and I thought it was to big and manly and ugly. lol Imma chick what ya expect?? lol I walked into the store last night and fell in love with the fascinate, but I want the X cause everyone wants it. lol I just didnt care for the touch screen on the Droid X. When I went to send a text and touched "T" it tossed up a "R" and so forth now when I touched the messaging and went to send a text with the Samsung it was right on target when I touched the T it gave me a T. SMOOTH~~~~~~~~~~~and SLEEK...

DroydNoob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
So are you going to go with the Sammy and be fascinated?

SOmeone mentioned earlier about priorities or criteria. I think battery life should be it thus the Sammy seems to win for me. I am close on pulling the trigger on it.. I liek how its very pocketable. Although I forgot to try out the Swype feature as I have a frined that has it and he loves it. (he has the AT&T captivate).

Anyhow I wish you luck on your plight. :) I know getting a phone should not cause angst but hey we all like our toys and they need to be the latest.

SO what are you going to buy? Let us know.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Different people definitely have different priorities. I'm sure the X is an awesome phone based on what I've read, but it wasn't an option for me bc of my bad luck with Droids and D2s. Plus I loved the Fascinate's screen.

As others always say, go in the store, play around with both for several minutes, see what phone you like better. :)

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I mean they're both really good phones, so you'll win with either one. :) Personally the X is slightly TOO big for me. But it's all a matter of preference! Plus I think the X's battery is better then the Fascinate which is huge. I wish the Fascinate had better battery.. but it lasts me easily all day with medium-minimal use.