Which of two models to keep or sell.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I need to sell one of two phones bought direct from the same maker, Xiaomi, within 4 weeks of each other in October 2020.

I have used the higher spec Snapdragon SD865 model daily since it was bought 4 weeks after the earlier SD765 model.

Both phones had good tempered glass (twin packs) and a similar Spigen case fitted out of the box. Both are immaculate.

After 4 weeks use I kept the mid spec model in a desk drawer, but had always kept my account on it and kept everything up to date every few days, mostly turned on with the Battery Saver or Ultra Battery Saver running.

Will I be better served keeping and using the "little" used mid spec model, or keeping my regular phone and hope it continues for maybe another year.
Battery life seems to be close to original strength.

Yes, it's been a tough few months so an upgrade is out of the question for a while.

I've got a price on both, having sold a 2018 Nokia a few days ago.
All as new boxed contents for both are intact with chargers and cables etc untouched.

Both have reached the end of their updates this year.

As a general rule do you think I will get longer use out of the much lesser used mid spec model, compared to the heavy screen use of my daily?

Any thoughts appreciated - though I suspect there probably is little in it.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
As they are both over 3 years old now I would think the "little used" one would be your keeper due to battery life alone.
At the end of the day it's your decision. Would that phone fill your requirements & needs?

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Yes. The Mi 10 Lite would be enough for me.
It's better than a budget model, although its 64gb has no expandable storage.
I had 10gb free with all the same apps and 15gb of music, but no photos, stored on it. I can swap between deleting music and moving other media to a pc or usb drive.
I have 90gb taken on the Poco but I haven't bothered slimming it.

I do like the smoothness of the Poco and it has MIUI 14 on Android 12. The Mi 10 Lite has MIUI 13 on Android 12.

It's a hardware longevity question really.
Also the vast differences in screen - on time / screen use.

I may hold on to the Mi 10 Lite until the New Year now; or sell it tomorrow 🤔

Last edited: