sync a movie on 2 android tablets

kellie Fitzgerald

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have been trying to work out if it is possible to view 1 movie simultaneously on 2 seperate tablets. I am trying to set them up as in-car entertainment for my kids (3 and 1.5). They are too young to keep heaphones on so i was hoping to be able to somehow sync a movie on both tablets to keep the audio in time. I have heard of the Seagate Wi-fi HDD but am not sure if that can play the movie in sync on 2 devices (and the guy at the shop had no idea).

Does anyone know if this is possible? Also it would have to be without a wi-fi unless i used the seagate drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you have cable TV at home, put the same channel on two sets close enough that you can hear the audio on both at the same time. That's your answer.

You can't send the same digital signal to two devices at the same time. You could convert the audio and video to analog, but then you'd need analog monitors, not tablets, and you'd need a variable delay circuit to sync the sound and video (because the digital to audio conversions of the audio and video channels have different delays). It would also be prohibitively expensive.

A decent mount, mounting a larger (say 10") tablet between the backs of the front seats would be a LOT cheaper.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned in the OP's duplicate thread that one option would be to purchase a portable DVD player with HDMI input, then connect the tablet with the DVD player via HDMI (assuming the tablet has microHDMI output) and set the tablet to mirror mode (again, if available).