Could I have blown the charging ports on two phones?
So I plugged in a cheap Micro USB charger I bought into two Androind phones that I have and I think it may have blown them out. The phones would not function with the charger at all so I threw the charger out.
However, I then tried those phones with the other chargers I have and they seemingly stopped working with them as well! I knew these chargers worked because I have had them for months.
Is it possible that I could have messed up two phones just by plugging them into a shady Micro USB charger? These phones now refuse to charge whatsoever with any of the chargers I have.
- 04-02-2014, 09:57 PM #2
Re: Could I have blown the charging ports on two phones?
Not only is it possible, it is likely. There is a reason why manufacturers only approve certain aftermarket accessory manufacturers. If you are not going to use the OEM chargers i would highly recommend that you purchase one from the Android Central store. You will be much happier in the long run.
- 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM #4
- 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM #5
- By nekibo in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 11-15-2014, 07:01 PM
- By cdronm in forum T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM
- By cab2 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 04-06-2014, 07:19 PM
- By dad2noah in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-05-2014, 07:02 PM
- By Froalskiner#WN in forum VerizonReplies: 2Last Post: 04-03-2014, 10:50 AM