Could I have blown the charging ports on two phones?

albo23

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I plugged in a cheap Micro USB charger I bought into two Androind phones that I have and I think it may have blown them out. The phones would not function with the charger at all so I threw the charger out.

However, I then tried those phones with the other chargers I have and they seemingly stopped working with them as well! I knew these chargers worked because I have had them for months.

Is it possible that I could have messed up two phones just by plugging them into a shady Micro USB charger? These phones now refuse to charge whatsoever with any of the chargers I have.

quotientstech

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not only is it possible, it is likely. There is a reason why manufacturers only approve certain aftermarket accessory manufacturers. If you are not going to use the OEM chargers i would highly recommend that you purchase one from the Android Central store. You will be much happier in the long run.

albo23

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Not only is it possible, it is likely. There is a reason why manufacturers only approve certain aftermarket accessory manufacturers. If you are not going to use the OEM chargers i would highly recommend that you purchase one from the Android Central store. You will be much happier in the long run.
So do you think the phones are totally dead? Or would a new battery rectify it?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think a new battery could be the fix. Try a replacement for one phone and see if that fixes your problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app