Big trouble simultaneously

Bilal Saleem1

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello friends !

I'm using android tablet Proscan PLT1066.

One day my sister playing game and it turned off suddenly, when we turned it on it asks for re setup and google account like we bought it new.

Since that day it won't shutdown I have to hold the power button long to turned it off and every time we turned it on it starts very slow take time and every time ask for RE SETUP asks for language, time and Google account. It won't download any thing from play store , Charge slow take almost 8 hours.

Please tell any solution if any body ever through this problem and can help ?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Short of reflashing the stock ROM, I don't know what to do. I tried searching for the files but came up with nothing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
ProScan is one of those companies that sells very cheap Android tablets--these kinds of devices are notorious for poor build, buggy software, and little support. They're cheap, but unfortunately, you only get what you pay for. In the future, try sticking with well-established manufacturers, like Google, Asus, Samsung, Acer, Lenovo, or even Hisense. These companies have good track records and support, and a bunch of them make tablets that are quite inexpensive even when brand new. You can get even deeper discounts if you look for older refurbished models (for example, you can often find the first generation Nexus 7, still an excellent device, for about $100).

Perer

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes having same problem with my Pros can PLT1066.

My solution to never shutting down? I don't shut it down. I give it a sleep time of 5 minutes and never give it a shutdown.

Follow through on the hard reset questions. That's the only way you are ever going to be able to use it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to do a full factory reset?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Perer

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Full factory reset does not help. I tried it two or three times. Still can't shut down normally. Also. Full factory reset screws up the storage. Claims no space left. So all I use it for is whatever I had. Can't download any new apps. It seems the operating system gets screwed up somehow. My guess is automatic updates are the culprit.

This is my second unit. I returned the first one because it wouldn't boot. If this one fails I will just salvage the battery. Welcome to the cheap tablet, no support world.

Also won't allow SD card install and headphone jack stopped working.

It's a real learning experience.

Last edited: