HTC One 4G Connectivity help

videogame5

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello, first time poster.

I have been having a problem with my HTC One phone since I got it. My 4G connection will stay connected for about 30 seconds to a minute, and then it will revert back to 3G. I have already looked this up before and I have done the following:

-Changing my network mode setting to "LTE/CDMA", and then restarting the phone
-Making sure all recent updates have been installed
-Making sure my plan was actually eligible to connect to 4G (it is)
-Making sure there is 4G coverage in my area (again, it is)
-Always leaving "Automatic Connections" on

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Does anyone know something else that I can try, or if I'm doing something wrong? I'd appreciate it. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which wireless provider are you using, and where are you located? If there's heavy usage of 4G in an area, the network can be overloaded and kick you down to 3G. That happened frequently for me on Verizon when I had my Razr Maxx, in the Silicon Valley. Have you spoken to your wireless provider? If the phone is pretty new, they might offer a replacement, if they can't figure out any other reason for your issue.

videogame5

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I use Sprint and live in Coconut Creek, Florida. I have spoken with them and they had me reset my connection by calling a number with a mix of pound signs and numbers. After that, I had to reinstall a couple of updates, but 4G would still not stay connected. I'm still doing some online searching to see if there's anything else I can do.