Separate Calendars on Android Device

Bill Clough

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I want to have TWO calendar apps on my devices (Samsung S4 and Samsung Galaxy Tablet) such that one syncs all my personal (Google) calendars and the other syncs my work (Outlook) calendar. It is not visually useful to sync in one calendar (use 7 personal calendars - 6 family members plus group family calendar). Is it possible to setup calendar views independently across two or more calendar apps?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am using DigiCal to sync my Google Calendar. You can make as many Google calendars as you want and then choose which calendar you want to use on each device in the DigiCal settings. For syncing with your Outlook you might want to check out CompanionLink which syncs with your Google calendars and also with Outlook.

Deb from my Note 3

Dvero

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. Eventually I decided to have only 1 calendar app and one calendar widget app ('Agenda Widget'). This means that I have two widgets now visible: the one form the original calendar app, showing 2 out of 3 of my synced agenda's and the one from the widget app, showing the remaining synced agenda.

For me this was sufficient. I now have two separate widgets, each showing separate agenda's and I have a clear overview of both.

The only downside: I cannot put new items in the calendar that is visible in the widget app, since that is not a calendar app, but merely shows the items.

If you really need to have two seperate calendars, then I think the only solution will be to resort to the full versions of apps like bussiness calendar. Many Calendar apps have two versions, one for which you have to pay. usually it are the ones you have to pay for that have a feature where you can choose per widget separately which calendars it should show.

Hope this helps ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs