Gmail app - trouble with sync

Jerry7650

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have trouble with syncing of Gmail app.
If I read my emails on computer and then look to my gmail on phone, almost always I see my emails unread. If I try to pull down the app for update, it shows "updating", but nothing happen.
The only way, how to refresh my inbox is switching between folders. So I have to close for example All emails, swith to Important and then back to All emails. Closing All emails and immediately back to All emails doesnt help.

In short - pulling down does not work anytime. Automatical refreshing is sometimes working, sometimes not. This does not depend on phone (It is same on 2.3, 4.2,4.3, 4.4) and app version (more then 5 versions of Gmail app was tried). I hoped that its issue, which will be repaired, but nothing happened for couple of moths.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Gmail address]​, and make sure Gmail is checked. If it's unchecked, that means it isn't automatically syncing in the background.

Jerry7650

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your answer. Gmail is checked and always was. I am receiving new emails as soon as possible. But when the app is open (or closed but in memory) I have problems which were described in first post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non