Rooting Galaxy note 3

Mikee Rock

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick question to a noob who's fairly new to the whole android scene. So I bought the galaxy note 3 after owning an iphone 4s, I suppose what attracted me were some of the features such as the S-pen and the multi window functionality. I also hear about rooting devices which alot of people prefer to do. I was more or less curious about this commonly asked questions. 1.) Should I root my phone, I would like to perhaps customize some things and delete bloatware etc. 2.) If I root my phone, will I lose all the s-pen and multiwindow functionality? I tried looking this up, however people would always give different answers. I even see people answering saying that they can get every app on their multiwindow which is awesome. 3.) Is there a chance of me screwing up my phone if I root it, I really don't want to accidently delete a crucial file and end up making my phone an expensive paper weight. 4.) What are perhaps the most interesting, popular things you can do when you root?

Thanks for the answers, just curious I suppose if I should root or not.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello, here is a good read on the subject: http://m.androidcentral.com/root

If you do decide to root do as much reading on the process as possible and understand what you need to do. Have all the files ready for install and give yourself plenty of time for the process just in case you run into issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
1. Up to you. You will be able to delete bloatware, and do nearly infinite customization.
2. Spen and multi window still works. I have the Note 3, rooted. If you are told otherwise, they didn't do it correctly.
3. Yes. Not what you wanted to hear, but great power (see #1) comes with great risk. That said, rooting the Note 3 is very easy. Echoing skrmagnus, read up, search Youtube as well. Lots of good 'how to's' there. Follow directions and you'll be fine.
4. srkmagnus' link says it far better than I could.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87