To sync or not to sync (via gmail)???

Captivational

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the AT&T Samsung Captivate a couple days ago at their store. Coming off of a Blackberry Bold 9000.

The store clerk transferred my contacts via sim card like a trained monkey and neglected to mention that I could sync via gmail. Now my contact list is a complete mess and doesn't gibe well with all of the phones functionality.

Wondering if I should start over, pop the sim back into the bb, download gmail and use that to sync my contacts.

Would that help streamline things?

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I was in the exact same boat as you, coming from the Bold and having AT&T mess up my address book. If you can do it over, I'd do it. Took me 3 days when I had the time here and there to straighten mine out.

Reactions: Captivational

Captivational

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I was in the exact same boat as you, coming from the Bold and having AT&T mess up my address book. If you can do it over, I'd do it. Took me 3 days when I had the time here and there to straighten mine out.

I already spent one day fixing things up only to realize that the address linking in android can really muck things up for voice dialing and other apps that use contacts...guess I should have made the google/android connection, but I had a slow moment.

I think I'm going to start from scratch if I can get the bold to play ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa