How to Sync Music between 2 Android devices WITHOUT a PC/Laptop???

Scott Herring

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Tab 3. I want all of the music from my phone to automatically sync with my tablet. I download to my phone directly and don't want to transfer everything manually each time I download a new song.

I see that Google Music can do this but it's designed for music that is stored on a laptop/pc. I'd rather not do it this way if possible as the whole reason I bought the tablet was to avoid carrying the laptop around.

Also, please note that the music is stored on the SD Card and not the handset. Not sure it will make a big difference but I thought I would point it out.

Can anyone advise the best way to achieve this?

Last edited:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Tab 3. I want all of the music from my phone to automatically sync with my tablet. I download to my phone directly and don't want to transfer everything manually each time I download a new song.

I see that Google Music can do this but it's designed for music that is stored on a laptop/pc. I'd rather not do it this way if possible as the whole reason I bought the tablet was to avoid carrying the laptop around.

Also, please note that the music is stored on the SD Card and not the handset. Not sure it will make a big difference but I thought I would point it out.

Can anyone advise the best way to achieve this?

Well, as you have S4 and tab3 why means both of them support the wifi direct feature, why don't you use the wifi direct feature to transfer those mp3 files using the wifi direct in this way you can have the conveyance of transferring the music files easily. In this way you can transfer the music file between the device in much more efficient way and there is no need of seeking laptop and PC to initiate that transferring process.

Scott Herring

May 2, 2014
Visit site
This process is all a bit too manual, and it would require me to remember which songs I have and haven't sent over. I think I'll just stick to the old fashioned way of dragging and dropping everything in the Music Folder (whilst skipping duplicate files) on the PC until Samsung actually provide some software worth using.

I am however open to any suggestions if anybody has a better/automatic way of syncing them.

PhotogAnt

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
There is an App, Folder Sync, which does what you require. Obviously you would first complete your folder sync with your first device before syncing your second device. It stores your folder/sub-folders on a number of cloud-base server (your choice).