Andriod noob with Nexus 7 and some questions

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have just started using a Nexus 7 after along history with iPads. Like it so far but had some questions:

1) Is there a Goodreader equivalent? My company uploads manuals via ftp which I will need to update regularly.
2) Is it possible in the play store to see what other apps the developer has? In the app store I use to to just click the developers name.
3) Twitter. I use to click links and add them to safaris reading list. Is this possible with android?
4) Gmail: Notifications seem to be being pushed to me. I remember along time ago that this would overly consume battery. Is this no longer an issue? Would be happy for Gmail to check for mail every hour instead.
5) Gmail 2: So when I get a new notification, a little white light lights up on my device. When I unlock the device is it possible to get the gmail app to show something to say that is where the new message is? E.g. the little red 1 on iDevices.
6) Sportsmate AFL, NRL, Super Rugby etc apps. They always seem to open to the news page. I want them to open to the fixture/live scores page. Possible somehow?

Thanks for all who help. I am so far liking andriod as it works in well with my gmail and google calender. Just need to sort a couple of things out. Cheers

Welcome to the forums.
1. ESFile Explorer
2. Yes. If you scroll down further on the app in Play it should connect you to more from developer.
3. Don't use Twitter
4. I have push notifications set, and I have had no issues with battery life.
5. If you pull the notification shade down you can preview it. When you click on it it will take you right to the message in Gmail.
6. Would depend on the app. See if you can access the app settings, and maybe there is a default page to open (I would guess not)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and I agree with Golfdriver97 on all points. There are lots of PDF readers available that would likely be similar to Goodreader. Quickoffice, which I think comes preinstalled, can read PDFs.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To add to a PDF reader (I had to Google what Goodreader was and I interpreted it more as a file manager) I would suggest Kingsoft office. Free on Play, and can read almost all MS type documents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty