Pixel 7 Camera issues and questions

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
On vacation with some folks and tried taking pictures.

First issue, the display is so dark I could not see what picture I was taking or composing.

The folks with iPhones clearly see what photo they take.

Also tried to use Panorama to take wider scenery picture. I see the two bouncing arrows, and have no idea how to use it.

I can not find any good information on the web how to use all the features of this camera.

Looking at all the photos, the iPhone Photos seem far superior to the Pixel 7.

I must be missing something because my vacation picture were inferior to those people using iPhones.

How do I get more info, and how to I fix the display so I can see the picture I am taking when the sun is out.

Comments?

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I was on vacation in the Santa Fe area with a bunch of folks and I could not see the display of the picture I was trying to take. The display is so dark I have no visual of the actual photo. People with iPhones could clearly see their picture in the display. I was clicking pictures with no idea of composition or framing. What is wrong with the Pixel 7 camera. iPhone photos looked far superior to those taken with the Pixel 7. Comments?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was on vacation in the Santa Fe area with a bunch of folks and I could not see the display of the picture I was trying to take. The display is so dark I have no visual of the actual photo. People with iPhones could clearly see their picture in the display. I was clicking pictures with no idea of composition or framing. What is wrong with the Pixel 7 camera. iPhone photos looked far superior to those taken with the Pixel 7. Comments?
You posted in the pixel 2 forums

Reactions: mutant777

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I broke this off and created a new thread in the Pixel 7 forum.

Are you saying this is a problem with the display not being bright enough to see things well in the bright sunlight, or that only the Camera app resulted in a dim or dark screen? My Pixel 7 Pro isn't the absolute best in bright sunlight, but I can still see things well to take shots.

EDIT: Now I merged this with one of your other threads in the Pixel 7 forum.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your display on manual brightness, and if so, is it cranked all the way up?

For Panorama, what you do is start at the left or right end of your panorama, tap the shutter release, then smoothly pan the phone across the area you want to take the panorama. When you're done, tap the shutter release again. I think it requires you to hold the phone in portrait mode in order to use Panorama.

FYI, I've had many many friends with iPhones marvel at how good my Pixel shots come out, and tell me that they're better than their iPhone shots. So I think there are probably some settings or techniques that you just might be missing ...

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm unable to help with my reply but I hope you get your issue hammered out. I know it's frustrating not being able to take the right picture

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174