Ordering through WireFly.com...Ugh..Stay away!!

AFCEA#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ordered from WireFly.com recently? I?m a little concerned from all the negative comments I?ve been reading on different sites.
I normally order my phone through on-line places such as Amazon, Let?s Talk as the prices are much cheaper then the carrier stores and dealing with the MIR . Let?s Talk has been more than a bit flakey lately with upgrades. When I tried to upgrade my AT&T Blackberry this past summer and they tried everything in the book to get me to lose the ?Unlimited? data plan and change my current minutes to a higher one. Needless to say I did the upgrade through a local Best Buy store and everything went great and I walked out working.  Amazon has great prices, but follow through was very rough this time. They assigned the phone numbers for a different state other than where I live. My billing and ship to address are the same so that was not it. Anyway the cost through Verizon was 15.00 for each line, which they waived.
So I decided to hit up WireFly.com as you see the ads all over the place. So I placed the order. Within an hour I get an email saying the order was approved and that a shipping confirmation email would be coming shortly. Another hour goes by and I get another email, but it says much different information. More information is needed. Hum???? So I call the number in the email and hand over the requested answers. Their customer service must be located in India? Very hard to understand the guy. He starts rattling off T-Mobile, no it?s Verizon for the carrier, no T-Mobile. I revert back to the paperwork and it?s reading Verizon all over it. WTF is this guy talking about. You have been approved for T-Mobile. So after a few minutes of arguing over it, he says Verizon wants a 125.00 deposit. So we are offering you a free phone from T-Mobile. I don?t want T-Mobile I tell him and why is Verizon wanting 125.00 deposit. He starts telling me they want it. I hang up with the guy and call Verizon. They have no record of then pinging my current account. Hum???? I explained what was happening and they transfer me to Verizon tele-sales. I rattle off the problem and she runs my credit. Within seconds he?s asking how many lines of service did I need, just one I told him, not a problem. I asked what the deposit policy was and that Wirefly.com requested a 125.00 deposit from me saying it was you that requested it, he says it?s their policy not ours. Hold the phone!! I call WireFly.com back up and I tell them what Verizon says. He starts with a canned sermon and would I like to use the same credit card for the deposit. I told him no and to just cancel the order and that I would be calling the credit card company to cancel the card too. Then the T-Mobile thing starts all over again. I?m telling you I don?t want T-Mobile and that if you don?t release the funds on my card now I will call my card holder and tell them to deny the hold. He said I would receive the cancellation request within 24 hours. Which did come.
I did go back and read through some of the negative commits made and most of them are either rebate related or bait and switch tactics.
I?ve since gotten the phone from Verizon directly, paid a butt load more money but feel much better about it.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi I work at Wirefly's HQ and I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience with us. I would like to understand what our agents were seeing on your order to have information different from what Verizon said you should have had. I understand you have cancelled your order with us, however if you would please email us your order number to onlinesupport at wirefly dot com, and I will make sure our agents are coached appropriately for future customers. Again, I am so sorry you have had this experience, and I would like to assure you that if you use us in the future, let us know your order number and we will gladly oversee your order to make sure that there are no issues.
-Kim

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Nice follow up.

I ordered through mobility.dell.com but I'm pretty sure they are all handled through the same agency as the agent who took my order let a radio shack slip at one point during the conversation. For my part, I had an excellent experience with the whole thing. I do reccomend calling instead of just going through the web interface.