Touchscreen/multitouch issue?

johnnyjoestar

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have this really annoying issue with the touchscreen of my phone. My android device is a cheap Prestigio MultiPhone 3400 Duo, I know it's not amazing but it does the job for me. It's not rooted, it doesn't have any custom roms or anything.

So my problem is this. Imagine that I'm playing a videogame on my phone where I use one finger for walking and another for the jump/shoot button. If I press the shoot button and after I'm done I release it, the character suddenly stops walking for a second even though I'm still holding the button, and then walks again after that. So I've verified this with a multitouch test app, and basically when I'm holding a point on the screen and I press another point with a second finger and then release it, the first point disappears for an istant, it's like I'm releasing it for half a second even though I'm not doing it. What's going on? Am I the only one with this problem? I don't know if this problem was always present or suddenly appeared though, as I don't play many games and the only few I've played in the past didn't use multitouch features whatsoever.

I have tried resetting the phone, turning it off for a while, factory resetting it a bunch of times: nothing.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am considering this because you have previously said that your device is a cheap one means the touch screen of the device is also a cheap one and I think there is some problem with the touch of your device, better to try replacing the touch of your device rather than factory resetting.

johnnyjoestar

May 26, 2014
Visit site
So you're suggesting I should just give it to an assistance center for repairs? I don't know, the problem seems really insignificant. I read around the internet that sometimes this stuff happens with apps that are used to block the touchscreen of the phone, but I've never used such things.