New Sync Question

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I am using the calendar supplied on the Samsung S5. I have all the events sync' ing ok. The problem I am having is getting the tasks within the calendar to sync. I tried using My Task as well as Samsung Task neither works .... glad you guys in these forums are around .... great help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Spoke to Samsung Support and found out that they don't support sync for the tasks, only events. Any recommendations would be appreciated for other calendar apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've always had troubles with tasks with the calendar which is what the default calendar and tasks sync with as I understand it. I don't know exactly long it's been beta but it's been years. It's one of my big pet peeves about Google. You would think a company this big could manage to finish a project before moving on to the next and the next and the next leaving this one in the dirt. I now use a separate task app. There was a GTasks app in the Play Store, you might like it. I don't remember if it or how it interfaces with the default calendar, been too long since I've tried it.

Currently I use DigiCal and Life Reminders but I haven't found the perfect app for either the calendar or tasks yet. Life Reminders works really well for me, I just wish it were more attractive and adult looking. DigiCal does tasks bur not enough options for me.

Notes from Deb's 2014 Note 10.1