G3 or M8?

jbrady58

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I am about to switch from an iphone4s to an android phone. Problem is I cannot make up my mind between the Lg G3 or the HTC one M8. Every time I read a review on one I think I've made up my mind. Then I read the drawbacks of each and I'm not sure again. My main concern with the G3 is battery life and overheating issues I've heard of. With the M8 it's the camera. Of course Sprint is offering a $150.00 Amex gift card with an upgrade to the G3 until the 24th. Not that it shoud be my deciding factor. Any opinions would be welcome, thanks.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I am about to switch from an iphone4s to an android phone. Problem is I cannot make up my mind between the Lg G3 or the HTC one M8. Every time I read a review on one I think I've made up my mind. Then I read the drawbacks of each and I'm not sure again. My main concern with the G3 is battery life and overheating issues I've heard of. With the M8 it's the camera. Of course Sprint is offering a $150.00 Amex gift card with an upgrade to the G3 until the 24th. Not that it shoud be my deciding factor. Any opinions would be welcome, thanks.

Hey :) You can't go wrong with either device. If the camera is important to you then the G3 is your best bet. The M8 has a better build quality and better speakers, but the G3 also looks really nice despite it being a plastic phone. The battery life on both phones should be good enough for a days use. If it were me I'd go for the G3, its newer, better screen, better camera and lighter in weight. Plus I feel it fits better in my hand. In saying that, last year I found myself constantly returning to my M7 throughout the year. Tough decisions my friend :)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Since the screens and cameras are your sticking point, which is more important (or at least most likely) for your usage? (A) Only posting pics online/small prints/little need to zoom, and doing extended gaming. (B) Want to zoom more and make large prints, and do little gaming.

If it's A, then go with the M8. B would be the G3. That said, the M8 takes great color accurate and clear pics, plus the duo camera features help make up for the lower resolution. Keep in mind that the processor and GPU is essentially the same between the two phones, meaning the G3 will eat up a larger percentage of system resources, including memory, just to run the display. If you're not gaming, it probably isn't going to be an issue. Personally, that resolution display on that size screen just seems like overkill. I've also heard it's worse in sunlight than the M8 screen. Since I fall into the A category above, I went with the M8. The speakers also drew me in big time, and now I don't think I could ever go back to a standard single, rear facing speaker on a phone.