VERIZON EMPLOYEE PLEASE READ. Android phone without data plan?

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
this is with hopes that a verizon employee reads this. I have a bunch of Android smartphones sitting around my house, and i was hoping i could get one (droid eris) hooked up for my mom on her current voice plan (without data) and she use it as a regular phone. I know that a sales rep will tell me that it is required to have a minimum of the $15-150MB plan on verizon. Is it possible for a rep. assuming they were super nice and willing to activate it on her current plan without data? Is it at all possible? what if i told them i was willing to pay a per MB price for data usage?

CarrierUnlock

Wireless Unlocking
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I have had some limited success getting data plans removed from some feature phones or phones that are "required" to have data plans. I do not know if you can activate it like that though.

I would call and speak to a rep and tell them your exact situation, and why you do not need the data plan. The person that will be using the phone does not need nor know how to use the internet on a phone etc...

I would do this over the phone not in store. It is possible for them to remove a data plan though on a required device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty