all contacts i add, disappear on sync

bengo3

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a tmobile G1, in fact i have 2, one running android 1.6, one running 1.0 (RC8 UK)

when i add a contact on either phone, it's there, it's fine, then once sync happens, it disappears. the contact isnt in any group on gmail contacts through the web interface. it isnt in the phone. it disappears.

i've tried syncing only to "my contacts", or to all contacts (i have 10,000, annoyingly), starring contacts, deleting all memory, rebooting, restoring factory settings, buying a new phone, nothing works. contacts added on web appear on phone. contacts added on phone disappear.

maybe its something weird about my gmail account, but you can't ditch a whole account (8gb mail!) because of this. obviously there is no way to get hold of google.

basically i give up and am moving to iphone, but i was really hoping someone could help me with this, because i really like android. it started happening 6 months ago. i got by simply by not syncing contacts. cant carry on like that.

please?

GeekonaScooter

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
G1 - My Contacts gone, but still there, this is how...

My Contacts disappeared after I cleared gmail storage. I believe the problem is with the gmail app. I deleted the short cut and created 3 new folder short cuts Starred in contacts, all contacts, and contacts with phone numbers. When I opened the new contact folders my contacts are present. I am goint to try to uninstall the gmail app and reinstall, but first I am going to back up on my PC exprt to csv file to save them just in case.

GeekonaScooter

GeekonaScooter

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
After re-syncing contacts, I didn't have to uninstall gmail app. I went into my contacts pushed menu button and selected display group selected all contacts and they were all their. Have you tried checking how much space you have available on your sim and sd card? I powered down the phone and pulled the sim out to start my troubleshooting.

Worst case have you tried calling your provider the tech support team with T-Mobile is definitely more helpful than Google. When you call just say G1 and the call center will connect you with the G1 tech staff.

Hope some of this helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc