Question Adding Outlook Contacts on S24 Ultra

kanyon40

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
I switched from an S23 Ultra to a Z fold 5, which broke and forced me onto a Pixel 8 Pro. Now I switched back to the S24 Ultra, but when I go to log in my outlook account, which is the account I keep all my contacts in, the exchange option won't work. It tells me to use the outlook option. I use the outlook option but it doesn't make my account show up anywhere but the outlook app and my contacts aren't syncing to the phone. Anyone know why this is or what a workaround might be?

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I switched from an S23 Ultra to a Z fold 5, which broke and forced me onto a Pixel 8 Pro. Now I switched back to the S24 Ultra, but when I go to log in my outlook account, which is the account I keep all my contacts in, the exchange option won't work. It tells me to use the outlook option. I use the outlook option but it doesn't make my account show up anywhere but the outlook app and my contacts aren't syncing to the phone. Anyone know why this is or what a workaround might be?
I stumbled across the same problem recently with Exchange contacts. I don't know if MSFT is deprecating Exchange, or what, but my Exchange account completely disappeared from my device. Go into the Outlook app > settings > select your mail account > toggle on sync contacts (and calendars, if you're so inclined)

Reactions: Laura Knotek

kanyon40

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for the help. It worked, thank goodness.

Any idea why EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) doesn't work with Outlook emails anymore?

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the help. It worked, thank goodness.

Any idea why EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) doesn't work with Outlook emails anymore?
I do not know. After scrambling around a bit in search engines and Microsoft Community boards, the best I could find was that Exchange, at the enterprise level, was not as secure as whatever protocol was being used today. Really messed with my calendar and contacts until I figured it out.