facebook contract pictures

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
only contacts that are already in your phone that match the name on the facebook profile exactly will merge automatically. you should be able to manually merge the ones that dont automatically merge though

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
only contacts that are already in your phone that match the name on the facebook profile exactly will merge automatically. you should be able to manually merge the ones that dont automatically merge though

Ok, but why won't my FB friend picture show by her name on my phone? It's the same person.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
it does. it is the only way the system will recognize her. if you dont want to add her last name though, you can try to merge them manually. dont know what device you have, but the procedure should be at least similar regardless

open the contact that you want to be the one displayed (so in this case, i guess you would choose the one that does not have the last name). then hit the menu button, and there should be an option to "link" or "merge' with another contact. then choose the contact you want to combine with (in this case, her facebook contact), and then they will become one contact

Reactions: MNTwinsFan

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
it does. it is the only way the system will recognize her. if you dont want to add her last name though, you can try to merge them manually. dont know what device you have, but the procedure should be at least similar regardless

open the contact that you want to be the one displayed (so in this case, i guess you would choose the one that does not have the last name). then hit the menu button, and there should be an option to "link" or "merge' with another contact. then choose the contact you want to combine with (in this case, her facebook contact), and then they will become one contact

Ok, Thanks! Funny, how some of my contacts work with just the first name, but others needed last name too.

Last edited: