How to transfer pics from phone to pc?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would plug the old phone into the computer via USB, and use the computer's file explorer to drag and drop your photos to the computer's hard drive. If you can't access the phone's old external SD card using the computer's file explorer, then unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into the computer's card reader (using a fullsize SD adapter, very cheap to buy if you don't have one: Amazon.com: SanDisk microSD to SD Memory Card Adapter (MICROSD-ADAPTER): Computers & Accessories). Then copy the photos to the computer. Now insert the new SD card, and copy all of the photos over. I would create a folder called "Pictures" to contain the photos (or you could create a /DCIM/Camera folder).

SLB26

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I've been having bad luck when I put sdcard in card reader. I haven't checked if I can access it without. But it not only takes hours & hours. It had some errors. I couldn't view some pics even though I can see them on my phone. Also had errors trying to copy to new sdcard some of the pics won't copy & I couldn't open them on my pc.

I downloaded Kies 3 as it supposed to help with faster file transfer (at least that's what I heard) to try & copy the photos which are on my phones memory. After a half hour it was still not copying pics but said making list of photos to copy. When I'm backing up other stuff like sms, contact, call log sometime it will work & sometimes it will say failed. I think technology hates me.

I will try to go through the computer file explorer and see what happens. I'm really frustrated