Transferring all data/settings from broken Pixel 6P to replacement Pixel 6P

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
My old Pixel 6P has lost all Internet/Voice connectivity. Tried new SIMM card with no luck, so Verizon was generous enough to warranty my phone. The new phone just arrived and want to transfer everything from my old phone to the new one. The Verizon store wants $40 to walk me through the process, so I watched a couple YouTube videos, which make it look pretty straightforward. Are there any pitfalls or is it simply a matter of telling the old phone to transfer the data to the new phone and the new phone to do the same, and plug in the cable?
Also, will a full factory Reset wipe my phone completely, so no info can be recovered after I return it to Verizon?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
For the first part, I am not sure. I never setup using transfer or backup, I always setup as new.

For the second part, yes a factory reset will wipe all user data completely.

Reactions: Aflaaaak

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
You should be good to go with plugging it into each other... Once you have all the apps and everything set up on the new phone and check that everything is working properly.. full factory reset will take care of the old one to have no data before you return it in

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys! I set the old Pixel up as new when I got it since my old phone was a LG G4, but would love if I can just start using the replacement as if it were my original P6P and not have to reload/set up anything.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Thanks guys! I set the old Pixel up as new when I got it since my old phone was a LG G4, but would love if I can just start using the replacement as if it were my original P6P and not have to reload/set up anything.
Yup it should bring over setup and settings and home screen the same ..apps with passwords you will need to login in with password . I've had a few instances where an app didn't like to be copied over and I clear data and uninstall then reinstall new but hopefully you get most 90% to higher rate good

Reactions: Aflaaaak

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
... Also, will a full factory Reset wipe my phone completely, so no info can be recovered after I return it to Verizon?
One of the interesting (and disconcerting) things I discovered when I factory reset my P6P to prepare for resale is that a factory reset doesn't delete any eSIMs you might have on your device for travel, etc. When you factory reset your phone, before you hit the "Erase all data" button, there is a check box to erase downloaded SIMs (eSIMs) . By default it is unchecked, and if you leave it unchecked, any eSIMs on your phone will still be there after your factory reset. So, if you have any eSIMs on your device, either delete them before the factory reset or make sure you check the check box to "erase downloaded SIMs" prior to hitting the "Erase all data" button.

Last edited:

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, SeeBeeEss! The Verizon rep had me download an eSIMM to troubleshoot my connectivity problem, so I'll look for that. How would I delete it before the Reset?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
One of the interesting (and disconcerting) things I discovered when I factory reset my P6P to prepare for resale is that a factory reset doesn't delete any eSIMs you might have on your device for travel, etc....
That's good to know, thanks for sharing that.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I assume a refurb phone shipped directly from Verizon is "safe", i.e. no spyware or old weird stuff from a previous owner (and doing a full factory Reset is unnecessary before I transfer all my old data over)

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I assume a refurb phone shipped directly from Verizon is "safe", i.e. no spyware or old weird stuff from a previous owner (and doing a full factory Reset is unnecessary before I transfer all my old data over)
Personally, I wouldn't assume anything from Verizon - or any other telco, for that matter. I would do a factory reset before I transferred everything over to a refurb phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29