Why is my LG G2 bricked, stuck at twrp and stuck in download mode?

owlbekevin

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
please help! LG G2 bricked, stuck at twrp, no download mode!

Okay so I'm new and I have not much knowledge and I'm not really sure if I'm posting in the right place but here goes, any help will be appreciated!

So I tried to install the Cloudy G3 rom in twrp, and I followed all the steps from tutorials on the internet, but about 60% into the installl, the install stops and it shows 'install successful' screen but it also says in smaller words that set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed and i think this is the root of my problem.
Anyways, I no longer care for the rom and would just like my g2 back to normal.
I wiped the davlik and Cache and rebooted, but now it's stuck in twrp reboot.
I tried to restore a backup I did before installing the rom and it was successful but brought me right back to the loop.

I have tried a hard factory reset and tried putting it into download mode, but my phone no longer recognises the actions.

Please please help you would be a life saver!!
Thank you

tulk1

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: please help! LG G2 bricked, stuck at twrp, no download mode!

Hi. New here, my self. But I can tell you what I did to get out of this same scenario. Since you can get to TWRP try this. Sure can't hurt.

TWRP / Advanced / Terminal Command / Select (lower right corner) then type this:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

Hit enter

Then type:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

On the second entry, you can just back up from "fota" and type "misc" so you don't have to retype the whole command. Once you see it has rewritten the partition you can back out of the terminal until you get to the home page. Then reboot into System. Worked for me when my LG G2 downloaded the recent OTA on it's own.

Too new to post formatted links. You can find the post on the forum if you search for Bricked LG G2, Stuck at TWRP, No Download mode!

owlbekevin

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Thanks a lot for the help but after rebooting it just came right back to TWRP.
really appreciate you trying to help though.
And what was that about the Bricked LG G2 post?
What information can I find on it that can help me?

Oh, one other thing I noticed after trying your method again( just in case) was that in one of the lines it said: no space left on the device.
What should I do to fix this? Should I clear the internal memory?(I've already taken all the important files like photos,videos,contacts etc out and wouldn't mind if these things got wiped)
My rom is also on it and I don't know whether i still need it or not.

Thanks!

tulk1

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Just to clarify, it's not my method. I found that here on Android Central. Can't take credit for that.

When you try the Terminal command, be sure you put a space between the sdcc. and the 1. Otherwise it won't load. Could be why you went back into TWRP. The Terminal window should show it's loading. As for no space left on your device, sorry, that is out of my realm. I posted that code because I'd had a similar experience, and it looked like you hadn't had any help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Different problems - stuck OTA vs. bad ROM.

owlbekevin, I'd suggest that you check at the G2 forums at XDA. Someone may have a stock ROM and instructions for flashing it.

k2711000

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

What do you mean by saying: On the second entry, you can just back up from "fota" and type "misc" so you don't have to retype the whole command. Once you see it has rewritten the partition you can back out of the terminal until you get to the home page. Then reboot into System. Worked for me when my LG G2 downloaded the recent OTA on it's own.

Josh Shelnutt

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Thank u so much, thought my phone was fubar till I tried this and it worked, really glad to have my g2 back, ppl think it's weird cuz of the back buttons an all, but I like my outdated phone :) it's everything I need it to be and more. Thanks to you I now have it back :D ty so much. the ota u speak of is also what messed mine up, but I wish I wouldn't have factory reset lmao thought maybe that would work but no then your command lines worked for me :D hahah.

Josh Shelnutt

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

he means just backspace till u delete "fota" then just type "misc" in it's place :/ u may wanna get som1 more tech savvy to do this for u if u havin trouble with that part of the instructions lol