Best Android tablet?

Eddie Liew

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying an Android tablet and I don't really know the difference between them. For example do different brands have different features and do they have usb slots?
Also can I connect a keyboard with android tablets because I know with the Microsoft surface (which I don't want) has some sort of keyboard and kick stand.
I'd prefer something with quick with a decent battery life and it's just for casual entetainment (like surfing the net, watching youtube or movies, playing app games) and school work (like editing word documents), nothing high intensive.

Much thanks.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Every Android tablet will work with a bluetooth keyboard. Most have some sort of case available that will work as a stand (or you can get generic stands that work great), the issue is whether it's usable in your lap. The new Nexus 9 has a bluetooth keyboard accessory with a stand that (allegedly) works well in your lap, just like the Surface. It's also top-of-the-line in terms of display and processor.

They all have USB charging ports but they don't have a USB port that you can just plug a flash drive into. Many/most of them support USB-OTG which is a special cable that allows you to connect a flash drive, but support can be hit or miss. The recent Nexus devices have supported it. It's usually easier to just use a cloud-based solution for transferring files or use the USB cable to copy it from your tablet directly to your PC. There are also programs like AirDroid that will allow you to transfer files directly over your WiFi network. That's my personal favorite method.