Need a little advice

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I didnt know where to post it so i hope i posted it in the right spot.

Im semi new to android. Had a Tilt 2 with android loaded into it. So i have messed around with the software. I must say its a very good software and i enjoyed it. I currently have a iPhone. I'm looking to move to android. I should be out of contract so its not a problem on provider i know sprint has probably cheapest plan for me. My question is what android device should i get? or should i just buy the captivate on AT&T (current provider). I just heard so many bad things about that particular phone. So what would you guys recommend? I like the droid x but i love the screen on the epic. What would you guys recommend?

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I would look at Sprint and get either the Evo or the Epic. This really depends on personal preference. Try them both out and see which you like best.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would ask around and find out what carrier is best where you spend 90% of your time. After that, you can choose the best phone from that carrier - which will make the choice a lot easier on you.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
As far as reception I get good no matter provider I mostly in metro part of Los Angeles and had all four major providers. And only one who was kinda bad was tmobile. Other than that it's been good all around.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My GF has the captivate and it works really well for her she is happy with it, but if i were you i would go with the Epic its a good phone that will be recieving 2.2 soon also in LA there is alot of 4G coverage. So that would be my recommedation

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint will have the cheapest plan for you, family or individual plan... When will your contract be up? I'm just saying because I have a feeling things are going to vamp up VERY quickly wants Q1 rolls around... I wouldn't be surprised if there were some awesome phones coming out then... never know. If not.. my vote is for the Evo or te Epic... depends tho because the Evo is more of a performance phone while the Epic is more of a media/gaming phone.

Also, I've noticed Samsung and HTC phones are very different.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
My contract is up. And yes later it would turn into a family plan when my brothers contract expire mid next year. I know what you mean isnt it CES coming in january? part of me wants to wait but then agian the Nexus S is coming to tmobile and best buy is already advertising it on their website. So Well see. out of all the phones out there i like, The Epic, Evo, Droid X, and Droid 3 R2d2 edition(looks sick lol) and cant forget the incredible.