Any Good Keyboard Cases for a Phone?

SomeGoy

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a case with high-quality slide out keyboard. My end goal is to have a modern phone that behaves like one of the old slide phones we had in 2010.
Ideally, the case would connect to the phone physically rather than via Bluetooth, so that I would not have to charge the keyboard separately and the phone would not have its battery life reduced from a constant Bluetooth device, but I'd also be willing to buy a wireless keyboard if it had a decent battery life.

I've already done a significant amount of online research, and come up with very little to show for it. I'm asking as a last ditch effort: has anyone come across a decent keyboard case for an android phone?

...Please don't make me buy a Droid 4.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah what b Diddy said. Also if it's a flagship phone check amazon. Reviews are pretty unbiased for cellphone stuff.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

SomeGoy

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm between phones: my Captivate Glide finally gave up (RIP) and I haven't chosen a phone to replace it yet. I'm hoping to find a good keyboard case, then buy a new phone that's compatible with the case.

I checked Amazon for a couple flagship Android phones, but didn't come across anything that looked promising.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think you'll find a suitable slider keyboard that connects directly with the phone. They're all Bluetooth. I would also recommend against choosing a phone based solely on whether or not it has a slider keyboard accessory--you may find yourself frustrated by other aspects of the phone later on.

There are lots of 3rd party keyboard apps to try, and some of them are very good. Gesture typing (i.e., tracing your finger from key to key to spell a word, like with Swype and Swiftkey) works very well, and Fleksy (which is purely tap-typing) has amazing autocorrect ability. You should try them at your local wireless store--most stores allow you to install apps to their display phones.

SomeGoy

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I hear you, and I definitely won't be choosing a phone solely on whether or not it has a slider keyboard accessory (honestly it's starting to look like that won't even get to be a factor in my decision, let alone the sole basis). By my research, I've come to realize that there are a several phones I would be satisfied with. Finding one that happens to have a keyboard accessory would be fantastic, though I suspect my next phone will have me slapping the screen like everybody else.

Thanks for the app suggestions, I'll test them out next time I'm near a store.

sidnc86

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I desperately need a keyboard case though. Being blind, I use smart phones with Accessibility services like Talkback enabled. Now I want to buy a new smart phone which holds compatibility with bluetooth keyboard case. I had Samsung Galaxy Chat Gt-B 5330 with qwerty keypad. But that phone is history now in terms of Android version and accessibility features it has. Later I also had Intex Aqua QWERTY but the phone has compatibility issues with most of the updated apps. I tried to get the compatibility issues resolved from the service center but no success. Now I'm struggling with a touch-screen phone and typing is miserable. On touch-screen phones, for typing, we need to take almost 8-10 steps to just type single letter.
Touch Exploration is the basic crux of any interaction on a touch-screen phone where first and foremost single touch is disabled and so is swipe. The swipe doesn't scroll the screen but allows us to explore the items on screen. Double tap instead of single tap then allows us to activate the explored item.
Similar approach on letters on a keypad takes ages to type a simple message. I hate this and current market (online or offline) is a place which isn't willing to offer a solution. Apps like SWIFT Key aren't of any use. After all, typing using touch-screen with voice enabled support isn't a pleasing experience. It is just an adaptive adjustment for blind users for technologies designed for sighted users.
Even I researched for physical qwerty keypads. I had purchased one as well. But then I discovered that on the move, handling 2 separate devices including keypad and smart phone isn't feasible. Need both the phone and keypad as a single device coupled either with bluetooth keyboard case or available as a qwerty device.

Hoping to get some help. Please help. IPhones have such options but are just too expensive and aren't dual SIM enabled.