I uninstalled Adblock Plus now I can't connect to wifi, why can't I connect to wifi?

molgen

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Uninstalled Adblock Plus now I can't connect to wifi

After I uninstalled Adblock Plus, my phone stopped connecting to wifi. My phone recognizes my home wifi but it won't connect. It's stuck at Obtaining IP address. Any help is appreciated

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Uninstalled Adblock Plus now I can't connect to wifi

Long-press the connection. Press Modify network config. Press Show advanced options.Make sure Proxy is set to None and IP settings is set to DHCP.

molgen

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Those are my settings and I'm still not connecting. Prior to uninstalling, I went through the steps to set it up:
Changed Proxy to manual then typed in localhost, and changed the port to 2020. The SAVE button was always greyed out so I don't think anything ever got changed. In either case it looks like my settings are what they should be. Any other ideas I could try out? I've unplugged everything and restarted.

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem all 3 times that I tried ad block. I just gave up and did a factory reset. That sucked!
I think (?) that since my browser is Firefox w/ privacy and cookie add-ons installed that might of been why this app slowed down everything. Works fine on laptop.
I would recommend looking at another browser and see what if anything they may offer in regards to ad blocking.
Many of the sites I vist daily are bookmarked in Firefox and I open them from there. Allows me to keep and use the add-ons.
Yes my browser is a little slower but it's worth it to me.
I've looked into your original question and never found an answer.