Google Now inconsistent responses

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Google Now and I don't understand why I am getting different responses to the same command. Google Now recognizes the words correctly but often seems to default to a web search. For example, sometimes I will say "Call Massage Envy" and it will dial the number and other times it produces search results. I become really frustrated when I try to schedule an appointment in the calendar and it does a web search for "schedule dentist appointment for March 3rd at 3 pm." Do other people experience this? Are there certain commands that I need to use or avoid?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Google Now and I don't understand why I am getting different responses to the same command. Google Now recognizes the words correctly but often seems to default to a web search. For example, sometimes I will say "Call Massage Envy" and it will dial the number and other times it produces search results. I become really frustrated when I try to schedule an appointment in the calendar and it does a web search for "schedule dentist appointment for March 3rd at 3 pm." Do other people experience this? Are there certain commands that I need to use or avoid?
Have you "trained" Google Now? Go into the Google Now settings and look for that feature to train it. It'll ask you to say OK Google three times. Also, make sure you are speaking clearly into the device. The slightest delay or interference could cause it to initiate something you don't want.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Have you "trained" Google Now? Go into the Google Now settings and look for that feature to train it. It'll ask you to say OK Google three times. Also, make sure you are speaking clearly into the device. The slightest delay or interference could cause it to initiate something you don't want.

Thanks, I will do that. Based on the text displayed when I talk the phone seems to be getting the words correct but for reasons unknown it sometimes defaults to a web search. Can you recommend certain commands I should use, particularly when I want to schedule an appointment?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non