How do I make the passwords stored on my tablet visible?

Cheviot

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
how do I make the passwords stored on my tablet visible?

I have an Asus Memo 7, Android 4.4.2and want to make a list of the wifi connections and passwords stored in the tablet.
I would also like to transfer them to my Moto G without using Google or some other 3rd. party Apps. I find it very odd that I'm not permitted to see my own information.
Any suggestions?N

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I make the passwords stored on my tablet visible?

There are apps that will read the entries and decode the passwords, but you should know your own passwords, or at least keep them in a password safe app.

Cheviot

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site

Thank you Rukbat.
my wifi connections are often at clients businesses and the homes of the elderly
Many of these people will have to look up their passwords or ask someone else.
I was hoping to avoid this hassle.
The apps I have seen so far either require a Google upload or do not reliably transfer passwords I was hoping to be able to find a means to see the passwords on my account so I could do this on my own without an app

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Keepass should do what you want. At least it does on a Windows PC. Try it and let us know if it allows display of passwords.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

KeePass works nicely on an Android phone AND on a PC. You can keep the file locally on the phone, or you can keep it on the cloud, so all your devices can access it, no matter where you entered a new one. For your purposes, keep a local file. (You can choose the file you're using at the moment.) Find the client, by name (search is pretty fast and it's incremental - put in gmail and all your entries with gmail in them somewhere show up, and everything else disappears), tap the password, tap copy to clipboard, long-press home to get back to where you need the password, long-press the text input, tap Paste - it takes longer to read that than it takes to do it. If you could run 2 apps side by side, it would take about 2 seconds.

Security is excellent too. Aside from being able to use 20 (or more) random character passwords, breaking into the app isn't something a script kiddie would even have an idea of how to begin to think of doing. (Of course the NSA could probably generate a list of the first 10,000 prime numbers in the blink of an eye, but they could also just get a FISA court order to force you to open the app.) TrueCrypt is better, but it's no longer supported. (It's truly deniable - the data appears to be an unused portion of storage, so you can give them the password to your "protected" files and your really protected files are still hidden. Andif they ever find the data you can believably say "I had no idea that stuff was there".

But for normal bank passwords and things like that, KeePass is probably more than anyone needs (the Android version only generates 16 character-long passwords, so I generate them on the PC), it's free and it can be used locally or globally at your will. And all you have to remember is one password - the one that gets you into the program. Your hundreds of other ones are all available at the touch of a finger and safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa