How can I keep my Google keyboard auto correct on all the time?

ja289

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Google keyboard auto correct

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have the Google keyboard on my phone. It normally fixes my bad spelling and it is nice that I don't have to worry about capitalizing or apostrophes, so I don't want to turn auto correct off. It always changes cam to can and nut to but. Is there a way to fix that? I put both words in my personal dictionary. Still no change.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google keyboard auto correct

Start the next word, then go back and correct that. Or use SwiftKey Keyboard. Going back is easier (arrow keys) and you can choose which of the possibilities you want. If you choose cam, it'll stay cam. ("I don't think I cam do it", if you chose cam, not just typed it, doesn't change to "can". Even if you have to type "cam" to get it as one of the choices, choosing it keeps it from changing.) A lot of people here prefer it to any of the stock keyboards.

ja289

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I have been hitting back, I was hoping there was a way to never change cam or nut if that's what I type. I am on a few engine building forums, so I use the word cam a lot, and come on, nut is an extremely common word. I don't know why Google always insists on changing it.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, every time I type the word "a" the Google keyboard puts an "s". There's literally no occasion to have a single s all by itself in the middle of a sentence, but try to tell Google that!