Been on Android for a solid 6 months!

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I just wanted to say how happy I am with my S23 Ultra. I use to switch back and forth from apple to android a lot. Normally only 2-3 weeks on android then months on Apple. Now it's the other way around. I still have my iPhone 13 pro max, but when I pick it up it just feels slow and blah. The S23 ultra is fast at opening apps, closing apps and swiping around. I'm really enjoying it. Though the factory keyboard auto correct could be a little better lol. Don't know if using Goodlocks keys themeing is messing up the auto correct at times or not. Now if samsung or pixel could nail a smart watch it would be great!! I love the pixel watch style with the band built into the housing and it's more simplistic design, but I like samsungs better health monitors like blood oxygen and heart rate monitor where it's a constant showing of current rate. Really wish samsung would do an integrated watch band like apple and Google, it just looks cleaner that way. Sorry for the long post lol

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I do the same thing with android and ios. It was the same for me as well, mostly iPhone with a few couple week stents on android.

Android has been out pacing ios in terms of stability in the last couple of years IMO. I have longer stents with android and the few short stents with ios to remind why I am using android more haha.

Although I do have an iPhone for work but it's used pretty much for messaging, email, and sharing documents from one drive. Outside of work hours that thing doesn't get picked up ever lol.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've gone the opposite and back to a 14PM

The S23U just wasn't for me unfortunately; as super slick a phone it is, I much prefer my 14 Pro Max, which is unlike me as I usually end up doing it the other way haha...

Everything I have is Apple and having just changed my hifi to separates again and with a Cyrus One Cast that takes AirPlay 2; the 14PM just makes my life easier; plus I prefer it's functionality/usability over the S23U

I do 'miss' the S23U screen; but other than that, not missing it at all...

I do have my A53 5G as my business mobile and I've still got my immaculate/as new Pixel 4XL 128GB as well; which I still use a lot for pictures...

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm lucky enough that I carry an iPhone daily but mostly more for my work and a few personal iOS features... S23 Ultra is definitely my favorite phone.. I've not switched the SIM to the flip 4 since the day I bought this phone.. it does all the heavy lifting

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've gone the opposite and back to a 14PM

The S23U just wasn't for me unfortunately; as super slick a phone it is, I much prefer my 14 Pro Max, which is unlike me as I usually end up doing it the other way haha...

Everything I have is Apple and having just changed my hifi to separates again and with a Cyrus One Cast that takes AirPlay 2; the 14PM just makes my life easier; plus I prefer it's functionality/usability over the S23U

I do 'miss' the S23U screen; but other than that, not missing it at all...

I do have my A53 5G as my business mobile and I've still got my immaculate/as new Pixel 4XL 128GB as well; which I still use a lot for pictures...
I understand that, when my girlfriend and I made the switch we sold all of our apple products. I sold my watch and older MacBook. She sold her watch as well. We got new S23U s, galaxy watches (though I went pixel watch later), she got the buds pro and I went with beats buds bc of limited production line came out. I also picked up a new samsung laptop that's touchscreen and folds.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm lucky enough that I carry an iPhone daily but mostly more for my work and a few personal iOS features... S23 Ultra is definitely my favorite phone.. I've not switched the SIM to the flip 4 since the day I bought this phone.. it does all the heavy lifting
My girlfriend had the flip, loved it for about 3 months then got tired of opening it all the time lol. Once she seen the S23 line up she, traded her Flip in for one.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd be willing to give iOS another try if I didn't have to sell my Galaxy watch as it's not compatible with iOS. I'm on the Pixel 7 Pro and have been fairly happy with it. I can't complain very much about it. But the thought of trying to sell my phone and watch makes it less appealing to me. At some point I imagine I'll want a simpler Smart phone os. At least that's my assumption of iOS. I don't like trying to find settings for certain apps and not being able to place icons wherever I want on the screen on iOS.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
We appreciate your cross-platform review -- don't apologize for the long post! It's great that you have the opportunity to switch from iOS to Android and that you're loving your S23 Ultra!

I haven't stepped into the smartwatch arena yet, per se -- I've been heavily entrenched in the Fitbit universe which more than meets my needs!

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd be willing to give iOS another try if I didn't have to sell my Galaxy watch as it's not compatible with iOS. I'm on the Pixel 7 Pro and have been fairly happy with it. I can't complain very much about it. But the thought of trying to sell my phone and watch makes it less appealing to me. At some point I imagine I'll want a simpler Smart phone os. At least that's my assumption of iOS. I don't like trying to find settings for certain apps and not being able to place icons wherever I want on the screen on iOS.
I was torn between the 7 pro and the S23U, ended up with the S23U for more customization and case popularity. Apple really does hide their settings. I work in the automotive industry and Apple car play is one of the biggest complaints. Always my Apple car play won't connect or stay connected. I hook up my phone android auto stays, I look at them and say.... it's your phone that's the issue lol. Which it mostly is, they've declined something somewhere and it blocks car play and for the life of me I can never find the right setting anymore.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
The nice thing about android is it is both as simple as you want it and as complex as you want to make it. That to me is the biggest advantage of android. My brother is a great example of that, he likes to keep things simple and he has always had Samsung. Where I on the other hand like to setup every feature that one can imagine and spend countless hours perfecting the placement of ever app, widget and quick setting.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Every time I've tried iOS, I have always gotten frustrated with it and came back to Android after a few months. I had the 6 plus, and the 12 pro. I think the biggest issue was not being able to place the icons anywhere I wanted. I know that sounds silly, but honestly if they changed that one thing, I'd switch. iPhones don't come close to the night shots you can capture on Pixels or even Samsung but their camera system is probably more consistent overall. There's a reason that a lot of people who record content on their phones for social media primarily use iPhones.

Until Apple changes the icon placement, I will stay with Android.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I’m trying the iPhone 14PM right now and I agree, it doesn’t make sense that you can’t place the icons anywhere on the screen. For me once I learned the settings it’s not too bad.

I’ll probably keep it and the S23U. The fold 4 is going bye bye. Samsung doesn’t want to stand behind their hinge they can keep their folding phones. The S23U is a great phone and no hinge issues to have. I feel I’ll be good with the iPhone or S23U.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's funny because I just talked about phones with my lawyer yesterday. She was an original iPhone user and had one sometime when they were still in such demand that she wasn't able to get a new one when hers catastrophically failed. She needed a phone ASAP, so she opted for a Samsung Note. She's been using Samsung phones ever since and got all her family on Android except her 14 year old son who uses an iPhone. She's just accustomed to Android at this point.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I personally think people just like change. When you go to a different format it’s different and great then you go back. I fully expect to be back to the S23U at some point and just switch it up here at there.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I’m trying the iPhone 14PM right now and I agree, it doesn’t make sense that you can’t place the icons anywhere on the screen. For me once I learned the settings it’s not too bad.

I’ll probably keep it and the S23U. The fold 4 is going bye bye. Samsung doesn’t want to stand behind their hinge they can keep their folding phones. The S23U is a great phone and no hinge issues to have. I feel I’ll be good with the iPhone or S23U.
It sucks what happened with your Fold the iphone and s23 are good combo

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
My girlfriend had the flip, loved it for about 3 months then got tired of opening it all the time lol. Once she seen the S23 line up she, traded her Flip in for one.
I can understand that lol.. I would keep the phone open when I was around the house and working from home and really flip it only when not in use .. out to dinner and I throw it in the pocket its convenient..but this S23 U is best phone out hands down IMO

Reactions: Laura Knotek

bls8195

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I have made the switch from iOS to the S23 Ultra and it's been pretty solid so far. After having iOS for about 10 years and going to android isn't bad. There have been a few times when I have two phones for work and one being an android so it's not foreign to me by any means.

I love the screen and the pictures since the fix have snapped aloy faster which I need for work.

I have had the S23 Ultra for a month now and again overall I'm extremely pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali