Please help: Google Play/notifications and ringtones

Phatz88

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Having trouble installing custom notifications to my galaxy note, I have purchased a few through the play store. Subsequently they then move to play music app, from there I can listen to them and as "I thought" select the download button and download them locally to my phone to use as custom notification sounds.

My problem is that I cannot for the life of me find them in my local storage folders after I select the download button. If I could find the file I could then copy them to my notifications folder and Bobs ya uncle but no bingo!

Please help.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Although I think I welcomed you already, because I just say that "Bob's your uncle" phrase in another post.:)

When you download a music track directly from the Google Play Music app, it gets stored in a hidden directory with a coded filename, so you actually can't manipulate it. What you need to do is download it on your computer, from your Google Play Music library website. Then transfer the file to the phone's Ringtones or Notifications directory via USB using Windows Explorer. See this article for more details: Android 101: Adding your own custom sounds to Android events | Android Central