Ad disruptions constantly! mobvertising shows up in the url, how can I stop this?

truasianxtc

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Ad disruptions constantly! "mobvertising" shows up in the url

This is f'ing RIDICULOUS & very frustrating!!!! When I try to read articles from links shared on FB (ThinkProgress, dailydose, etc) it will go to various full screen ads that I can't close out. I have to hit "back" a million times to get out of it - and give up on reading that article. Wtf!! I have a virus scanner, ad detector, etc and it picks up on nothing!! The same links and articles are fine when I go to them from my iPad. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 running the latest Lollipop. (I swear Lollipop causes all the problems I have with my phone!)

I'm freaking pissed!!!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Ad disruptions constantly! "mobvertising" shows up in the url

Hi, try running malwarebytes. Sounds like you have aggressive malware on your phone.

truasianxtc

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, mrsmumbles. I have tried that before and theres never any malware detection. I googled "mobvertising" and came across a Google Chrome forum. Apparently, its been a problem with chrome for quite awhile. It seems to be going through wifi/dns and redirecting you to bs ad sites. I switched from wifi to my cell network and am no longer being redirected to ads. So that works to a certain extent; however, now I'm using my data when I could be using wifi instead. So it's not a fix, sigh. What is also strange is it ONLY happens on our phones (both Galaxys) and not on the PC - even when using Google Chrome. 😠😠

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, mrsmumbles. I have tried that before and theres never any malware detection. I googled "mobvertising" and came across a Google Chrome forum. Apparently, its been a problem with chrome for quite awhile. It seems to be going through wifi/dns and redirecting you to bs ad sites. I switched from wifi to my cell network and am no longer being redirected to ads. So that works to a certain extent; however, now I'm using my data when I could be using wifi instead. So it's not a fix, sigh. What is also strange is it ONLY happens on our phones (both Galaxys) and not on the PC - even when using Google Chrome. 😠😠

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome? If you don't delete data it might save your settings but I'm not sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo