Why isn't my Music appearing in the music app?

A

AC Question

Music not appearing in music app

Hi All,

My music files are stored on the phone itself in the music folder but they do not appear in the music app. When I go into the music folder in all files the music is there and I can play a song but it does not continue to the next song, I have to go back in and select the next song to play.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Music not appearing in music app

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What format are the music files in? Using the file manager app, check to make sure there isn't a file called ".nomedia" in that directory.

shel692

May 10, 2011
Visit site

If you have a file manager, you would of course check for that "no media" file, but I find that unlikely as one song will play. Back to the file manager. Browse to that folder and usually long press will get the desired result, but we're looking for "open as, or open with" and select your music player. If your internal storage is not read/write, you may want to make another folder on your SD card and move the music to the new folder. Good luck.

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Hi shel692 sorry I had to register to reply. I do not have a file manager (as far as I am aware). I had an SD Card and it got corrupted so it is no longer in the phone. It is since this happened that I have had difficulties with playing music. I browsed to the music folder in the My Files folder and as expected holding down does not do anything. How do I check to see if my internal storage is read/write?

I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Hi D Biddy I am using an S4 and the music is mp3 format. Should I download a file manager app, as currently I do not have one?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Samsung devices should have an app called "My Files," which is a file manager. Do you see that? If so, make sure it's set to show hidden files, since any file or folder that starts with a period is intended to be hidden.

Don't worry about the typo. I've been called P Diddy, B Duddy, Big Daddy, and more. ;)

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Hi TechnoGamingPro I am copying them to the music folder directly from my PC. I am not sure if you read above but they are .mp3 and were on my SD card prior to it becoming corrupt. It will play now individually if you go into the music folder directly within the MyFiles app but it does not appear in the Music app.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

After the SD card became corrupted, did you move the music files back from the SD card to the PC, and then copy those same music files from the PC to the phone's internal storage? Or did you copy pristine music files to the phone's internal storage? If they were on the corrupt SD card, then moved back to the PC, then moved to the internal storage, the files themselves might have some degree of corruption, and can't be accessed properly by the music app.

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Hi B. Diddy I will check this out but each plays correctly once played individually.

Thanks for your help and enjoy your vacation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87