How can I fix a Google Play error?

marioc89

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Google play isnt playing so nice.

I have a nexus 4 that I've did no flashing of and it's pure stock. It all started today when I kept getting error messages that shows numerous apps powered by google services, that they are not responding and that google play services isn't working. I can't use my dial pad not go into google services. Can someone tell me what's going on and to help me resolve this? Thanks.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google play isnt playing so nice.

Google has been pushing these days a Play services update, maybe something went wrong or it was just being installed so it wasn't available at that moment. Reboot your phone and see if the problem persists. If so, go to settings - apps - tap on Google Play services and clear cache. Tell us the version you have installed.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, that should be the latest version. There are some fixes that worked for several people with the same problem. You could try this. Force stop and uninstall updates for Play Services (or even for Play Store). Reboot the phone. Before that take a look at this long thread and see if any of the solutions there work for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-has-stopped-problem-my-nexus-7-2012-a-4.html

marioc89

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I tried some of the things on that link and what you've suggested and still I'm getting some and I'm not able to go into google store and update it again. I've tried clearing data to uninstalling updates in google play store with no real success.

TanSpaRa

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I also have Nexus 4 and I had the same problem last 24 hours. I was mad, couldn't use my phone at all even can't make calls only accept! After reading in forums I tried many things, but I managed to remove the error after I uninstall the last update of Google Play Services - it is from yesterday. After uninstall I am with old version and have triangle on the bar above, but my phone is working :) Will wait the next update, hope they will fix it soon. And don't forget to reboot the phone after the update uninstall. Good Luck!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana