Phone Broken Need Help

tbmaciii

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My screen shattered today on my Samsung Fascinate after dropping on a stone accidently. I tried to hook it to my PC and cant get anything out of it, literally nothing happens. I have pictures, numbers etc I would like to get off of it but I cant figure this out. I also have text messages, probably 8 or 9 that I have gotten since the phone has shattered but can still here the notification for text. I finally turned it off. Any help would be fantastic. My new Fascinate will be here tomorrow

Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My screen shattered today on my Samsung Fascinate after dropping on a stone accidently. I tried to hook it to my PC and cant get anything out of it, literally nothing happens. I have pictures, numbers etc I would like to get off of it but I cant figure this out. I also have text messages, probably 8 or 9 that I have gotten since the phone has shattered but can still here the notification for text. I finally turned it off. Any help would be fantastic. My new Fascinate will be here tomorrow

Thanks

by any chance did you have debugging mode on before it dropped?

tbmaciii

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I dont know what any of those two items. I never modified the phone or did anything like backup recovery. Just a stock phone with apps like angry birds

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont know what any of those two items. I never modified the phone or did anything like backup recovery. Just a stock phone with apps like angry birds

ok well check your gmail account online, check the contacts area, you mayb have been syncing your unknowningly, hopefully thats the case, also you can remove the SD card and if you have a card read and adapter for the micro SD you might have your pictures and stuff saved on the card.....

even if you were in debugging mode you are saying the USB connection isnt working so that wont help....and since you didnt mod your phone in such a way that i mentioned before i cant help you do a back up.....you will have to bring it into AT&T and hopefully they will just replace the screen or you can by a screen online and attempt to do it yourself....beyond this i dont know any other way to help you, perhaps someone else does.

tbmaciii

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Its a Verizon phone. I already have a new one on the way. When I take the old one and new one to the store tomorrow, are they going to be able to transfer things over from the bad phone to the new phone? including my unread text messages

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Of For some reason was thinking captive .....not that I know of, unless you fix tge screen I think all you will be able to salvage is what's on your card

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez