How do I turn on the 'mobile data'?

A

AC Question

how do I turn on the 'mobile data'?

Mobile data was working fine for last 2 months but this morning I can't access any apps requiring data except via WIFI. Anytime I access an app requiring it I get the message 'Mobile Data is Off, check your network settings & try again'. I've checked all the settings I know of and don't see anything else to turn on. I've gone into settings/more networks/mobile networks/and the mobile data box is checked. Any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I turn on the 'mobile data'?

Welcome to the forums. Go to settings>Wireless & networks. Depending on who set up the ROM, it might be under More, or Data useage.

1LooseCannon

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: how do I turn on the 'mobile data'?

Answered my own question. For some reason the APN settings disappeared. It's an unlocked Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V. I have a SIM card from & use WalMart's Straight Talk unlimited Phone & Text with 5 GIG data $45 a month plan. It works fine in general for me. The S5 does not automatically acquire APN settings as the S4 I had previously did. When I converted from the S4 to the S5 I had the same problem as today but had forgotten the details. I put the SIM back in the S4 and copied the APN settings. I then put the SIM back in the S5 and replicated them. Phone now works as it should. No idea why the APN setting suddenly disappeared. Anyone here know?