Ringer Volume -Notification sets its volume down

gstreff

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T Captivate. I am finding that I get notifications for text messages and voice mails which I do not hear. When I go and check the Notification Ringer Volume is down to about 20% or so. Call ringer stays up. I must have set the notification volume back up a hundred times and an hour or so later it is back down again. No idea what is causing it and cannot manually reproduce or induce intentionally the same thing. Any ideas????
Also, having a problem at the edge of 3G service with really weak signal. If the phone would stay in Edge mode the signal is fine. Can I force it not to go to 3G?

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
On my phone, under the volume settings, I have a check box to "Use incoming call volume for notifications ". Yours doesn't? (It on Settings/Sounds/Volume)

For your other question, look under Settings/Wireless&Networks/Mobile networks. There ought to be a check box to use 2G only.

qwerty_dh

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my notification volume. I think some app is turning the volume down when I use it...

it's happening on my Samsung Captivate running cognition

qwerty_dh

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have found what is happening with this. In my case when I check my balance (for my carrier is *122#) the volume for the notification automatically goes down (around 20-25%)

I have no idea why this is happening...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38