How to get google to restore my WiFi passwords?

jackhannaford

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had to factory reset my LG G3 as it was becoming insufferable with multiple sync, app and seemingly android issues.

My understanding is that all of my WiFi passwords should have been backed up to the Google servers and that they will be restored to my phone following a hard-reset (as I chose to restore settings when reconfiguring the device).

Despite this, my collected WiFi passwords and networks have not re-appeared on my device. I've noticed this before when setting up a new tablet or switching phones and assumed that it occurred because it is not the same device.

Can anyone offer guidance on how to get these passwords to return? I had 'collected' a lot of my friends and families and it'll be a pain to have to get them all back again.

Thanks in advance,
Jack

---
Edit
---
Thanks Crashdamage, it should work that simply I agree! I 100% ticked the option before when I set the phone up initially months ago, and confirmed it was ticked before the reset.

Last edited:

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
To have your WiFi settings backed up you need to go to:
Settings > Backup; & reset > Back up my data > Enable.
Works for me. Of course, if you didn't do that before resetting the phone they weren't saved and are gone. Just don't forget to set it this time.

jackhannaford

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh I seem to be able to actually reply now so, Thanks Crashdamage, it should work that simply I agree! I 100% ticked the option before when I set the phone up initially months ago, and confirmed it was ticked before the reset.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You set the backup option and it failed to save? I don't have an answer for that, it works fine for me. A bug? Who knows. Maybe you should keep a separate list in case it fails to save again. Did it save your apps list?

jackhannaford

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's about the sum of it. Yes it saves my app list, but has not restored my wifi passwords since I've had an android phone. I've had an s2, s4, lg g3 and a 2012 nexus 7.

Maybe it's an account issue. It's been frustrating to re-collect everything each time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non